Thursday, August 27, 2015

Baby Mama Belt Beatdown

So I've been horribly exhausted for whatever reason this first week getting back to work after vacation but I'm so glad to be back.

Monday saw me assisting an officer on a domestic dispute. A baby daddy went to town on a baby mama with a belt and left her pretty beat up. The argument started over something ridiculously petty from what I was told. I've been single for a few years and I know when I finally DO get into a relationship again that I would really appreciate the one I'd be dating. Especially if they were the mother of my child. I wish more people out here actually felt the same way too....

Wednesday was  a day that went smooth until right about the time I was supposed to get off shift. A call came in for a person down of a male lying down on a bridge. By the time I arrived on scene, the beat officer for the area where the call came in had a juvenile detained. When the officer first got there, the kid took a fighting stance before running to a telephone pole and attempting to hit his head repeatedly. The officer placed the kid in cuffs so he couldn't hurt himself anymore.

When the ambulance arrived on scene, the paramedics suggested we take the kid to the hospital but we would have to find the parents first to give consent. The kid stated he ran away from home because his mother is always drunk and her boyfriend constantly uses drugs. We hear stuff like that from kids all the time but when we arrived at the house it really looked like a dump. The front porch had nothing but trash and empty Bud Ice cans littered all over the place. Mom finally came out and when we brought her to the ambulance to talk to her son we found out the real issue.

The kid stated he was tired of living in the conditions in which he was. That he was upset at his mom for her choice in men and was actively job searching at 16 to help better the family and that his mom needed to do better. That was actually a very touching moment in policing to see a kid tired of his bad conditions and willing to work hard and do whatever it takes to better himself and his family.

Yesterday I got a call at a movie theater parking lot in reference to a Mercedes Benz that had the driver door damaged while the owner was inside of the movies. The caller waited a grand total 0f 12 minutes after first calling 911 to say she wasn't waiting around for police anymore. Ironically, I got the update JUST as I was pulling into the parking lot. One less report I had to do that day. With all the big problems in the city there are just a little more important things than a scratched door.

No comments:

Post a Comment