Monday, August 24, 2015

Flash Mob Mayhem

So yesterday was my first day back after a nice and well deserved 30 day vacation. I was gone so long that I couldn't even remember the password to sign into a city computer and had to get it reset. I guess that means it was a long vacation right?

The day went pretty smooth to say the least. Actually being slow for a Sunday. I guess that helps when school is back in session-to a point at least. Now that's where this story comes in.

I answered a 911 call at a dollar type store at the mall on my beat to a group of teens attempting to shoplift. I arrive on scene and security is following a group of about ten teens as they run away from the store. The kids apparently walked in and after they realized they were being watched by store employees-started to cause a huge disturbance. The kids started knocking down all the displays in the store all over the floors before running out.

Even if I had caught the teens it only would have been a slap on the wrist and they would not have even gone to jail. You have to love juvenile justice systems across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment