Monday, February 29, 2016

But I Know I Have a Warrant!

   So I was dispatched to a call for an intoxicated male refusing to leave the laundromat on my beat. I arrive on scene as the male is walking out. He immediately stops for me and tells me he has a warrant and that he was trying to leave the business but the lady was holding his bag with his beers inside of it. The male actually wasn't intoxicated....yet. I have him hand me his ID and I go to run it as another officer watches over him.

A hit came back for a warrant but it was definitely not for him and for his brother instead. I walk back to him and tell him that he's clean and to just not come back to the business tonight. He insists to me that he has a warrant and I insist back to him that it's not his warrant. He was so grateful and told me that he's actually been locked up twice by two different agencies (not mine), just to be released because the warrant was for his brother. He collects his belongings and then walks RIGHT back into the business. I grab him by the arm and walk him outside and explain to him that he wasn't going to jail but that if he goes back in the business the rest of the night he'd get a free place to stay (he was homeless and lives in the woods behind my discount mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment