Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dealing With BS (Yes, I'm Dealing with You Instead)

There always comes a time in policing when you have to deal with a call that really did not warrant a 911 response. You're stuck dealing with that situation and something very important pops up. Sunday was this day. 


Right out of the gate signing on, I was dispatched to a vehicle accident in the parking lot of my shopping mall. The parties had started getting into a heated argument about the accident according to security. I arrive on scene to this private property accident. One car was backing up and hit a car driving down the aisle (the backing up car's fault). I told both parties there was really nothing I could do being on private property and urged them to exchange information and handle it themselves. They asked me my "opinion" of who the fault was with and I told them-just to have that car argue again with me. 

As I'm dealing with that, a high priority call from the department store at the mall comes up. A guy walked in and snatched almost $500 worth of Levi's jeans and ran from loss prevention. I made a point to ask security: "Hey, did you hear that call?" and then explained what happened. The driver who was arguing with me then goes: "Oh, wow, while you're here with us?" and I go "Yes, while I'm dealing with you instead."


No comments:

Post a Comment