Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"I'm Working On It!"

  So the busy Sunday carried right into Monday. I never got a chance to eat at work sadly. I even had to respond to calls on the other sector because of the volume of calls. I was responding to a working drunken dispute at a corner store. I arrive on scene after the fight was over and all I  had was an intoxicated guy bleeding from the mouth. He was having a VERY difficult time standing up. His son showed up out of nowhere and was so eager to take his dad home, practically dragging him (I guess he thought I was trying to take his dad to jail). I was watching them as they walked across the busy street. At one point his dad just laid down in the middle of the street before he eventually got him moving.

Apparently the fight occurred because he bumped up along someone in the store who did NOT take to being bumped by a drunk guy....

  Tuesday was a little better. I didn't get out of work until 0100 hours though.....I ended up arresting three juveniles after a foot chase and juvenile paperwork SUCKS and takes FOREVER....just for them to be released to their parents... but that isn't my story.

I pulled over a vehicle because the driver had a suspended license for child support. I walk up to the car and ask to see his license. He tells me that he doesn't have it but he's working on a situation with his child support. I ask him if his license is suspended for child support and he tells me it is but he's working on it. I ask him why he's driving with a suspended license and he tells me that it's all good....I have him step out and I put him in cuffs and stick him in my car.

I take a closer look at his license and find out that it expired in 2001 and his license had been suspended since 2011. The guy then tries to ask if he can "work it out with me" and that I don't have to take him to jail or even write him a ticket. I tell him he's going to jail and he's walking a fine line with bribery....I really didn't want to tow his car, so I asked him if he knows anyone who could take his car. The guy has no phone and can't remember the number of anybody....So his brand new 2015 vehicle went to the impound lot....Have to pay that child support!

No comments:

Post a Comment