Thursday, March 19, 2015

Being Afraid In Your Own Home

    So yesterday I got a call from a wife who got in a dispute with her husband after he threatened her while drunk. She got extremely afraid and left the house with just her keys and car and called 911 a few hours later to go get her items because she was adamant about filing for divorce. The wife was still afraid of her husband and wanted me there to help prevent anything from happening. I walk to the front of the house as the wife went to unlock the front door but the husband had pushed the sofa in front of the front door (there was no other traditional entry/exit point into the home) and we could not get into the house. I felt bad for the wife but there was nothing else I could do for her and told her what she could do in civil court to gain access to the home if she kept getting refused entry by her husband.

Another call I received was a call from a mother stating she was at home with her kids when three teens armed with handguns approached her front door and started knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell repeatedly. She told me she quieted her kids down, called 911, and prayed the teens would leave. The mother just recently moved into the home with her family and stated she didn't feel safe already. The teens left into the backyard before I arrived and I told the family I would check the backyard with a few other officers and make sure they weren't back there. We checked the backyard and the teens were long gone. I told the mother not to hesitate at all if she saw anyone out-of-place looking and give us a call.

First off teens shouldn't be walking around with guns. Sadly it's an everyday occurrence for us. The least I can do is help provide a sense of security for honest people in their own homes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment