Monday, April 6, 2015

A Long Week Of Not Getting Off On Time Part 2 (Riding the Lightning)

  So one of the days it was so hectic we were just going call to call to call trying to clear a pending that never cleared until the next watch came on. I received a call from a lady that she was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend. I get to the residence and she stated he struck her one time in the head before running out of the apartment and yelling on the phone while she was talking to 911 that he "didn't do anything". I asked her to describe her boyfriend and she went on to say he was about 6'8 and weight 280 lbs. He hit her so hard that she felt light headed with a severe headache. I called for an ambulance but they were so backed up I waited for an hour and forty minutes. I was lucky she didn't have a real emergency but EMS was backed up just as much as we were.

My partner gets a call over a dispute about a tree on her beat and I decided to come with her. We get to the caller's house and she stated her rear neighbor had cut a tree in THEIR yard but it had the POTENTIAL to fall in her yard and she was upset. She told me she was worried the tree was going to fall on her house and she wanted us to get their insurance information. I told the lady I can't do anything about something that MIGHT happen and they had no legal obligation to give me their information. She was stunned and asked that she was basically going to have to wait for the tree to fall to file a damage report. I told her yes. It was the same as an accident in a car. If two cars almost collide you don't call the police for a report. Only when they do. I told her to go to city hall and file a zoning dispute regarding the tree and to have a nice day. She was stunned and upset I wouldn't make her neighbors give her their information.

I had just finished typing up a vehicle accident report in the parking lot of a gas station when a citizen flagged me down telling me that security was fighting a shoplifter inside of a nearby package  (liquor for those of you in other parts of the country) store. I pull up to the store and a huge crowd hurried me inside pointing inside. I walked inside with my hand on my gun and saw security struggling with a male. I helped get on top of the male with security as the male kept his hands under his chest balled up in fists. I grabbed his arm and told him to relax his arms as I put them behind his back and said ok. he then kept struggling with me. I was not going to play with this guy and pulled my tazer out and stuck it right to his back telling him to relax or he was going to get tazed. The male said ok once again but kept resisting and so....he got tazed. I had to taze him about three times before he finally relaxed his arms and got the picture. I put him in cuffs and stuck him in my car. The poor guy got pepper sprayed by security before I got there. After I tazed him he lost control of his bowels and defecated and urinated EVERYWHERE. No one said this job was clean. I called an ambulance as I took the guy out of my car and started pouring water over his face to alleviate the pain from the pepper spray.

I watched the security footage and saw the male took a 25 oz beer and stuck it down his pants and tried to walk out when security confronted him and he started fighting. This guy had been arrested 68 times (including this arrest). He had been convicted of shoplifting 13 times before and was a convicted felon. Due to his history the $1.61 beer became a felony as he got other charges for fighting and resisting and then lying to me about who he was and fighting with security. Just a career criminal. His first arrest came from before I was born. When I got home I could still smell this guy as I had to deal with him for about a few hours due to the type of arrest. This job gets dirty and not everyone can do it....

No comments:

Post a Comment