Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Out of Towners

So as police officers, we have a good working relationship with security officers. They're extended eyes and ears for us on the street, often with the power to detain. On my beat I have a discount mall which is EXTREMELY shady. There's a security officer there who really means well but often takes things a little far at times. Sunday I got a call stating he had two males "in custody" at the location.

I arrived on scene to see what type of situation this security officer had come into and found two males detained (albeit not in cuffs for once). Apparently the males had organized a game of chance (similar to find the Queen in the cup) with another male who ran off. As long as the males came back fine after their information was ran I was planning on letting them go. I ran the information to find out that one of the males had a couple of warrants from a neighboring state-with no extradition from my state. I joked around with the man that he was free to leave as long as it was to any state but that one.

Yesterday I had a call at the shopping mall for a vehicle broken into. I arrived on scene and security was standing with some people from out of state who had their suitcases stolen from the trunk. There was a discarded suitcase on the ground next to their vehicle that did not belong to them. The security officer told me that he saw a male driving away in the parking lot with a bunch of suitcases piled up in his vehicle. The security officer told me that he thought it was weird but not enough for him to remember the vehicle the male was driving......While on scene with the victims, the victim from the found suitcase showed up and stated his car (the same model as the first) had been broken into and his suitcases and that of his wife, were taken from the trunk. Unfortunately the vehicle type both sets of out of towners had is a pretty common vehicle to break into. It doesn't take much effort, even from an unskilled perp. It's never a good feeling to welcome tourists to your city that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment