Thursday, February 26, 2015

Traffic Hunting

Hey everyone, yesterday with the storm it was incredibly slow. I sat in my favorite spot near a highway off ramp running tags as cars went by. I ran a tag where I got a hit that the registered owner had a suspended license for a failure to appear from back in December.

By the time I could get a good break in traffic, I had lost the car. I noticed the address of the owner was on my beat so I decided to try and go to his house and see if I could find him. I got to the house but the car was nowhere to be seen. Feeling a little defeated I went back towards the direction of the highway and I as I prepared to go through an intersection, I saw what appeared to be the car about to enter the same intersection and make a left into an apartment complex. I let the car go in before me and I initiated the stop.

I approached the car and noticed there were two occupants inside, both males. I asked the driver if he was Mr. ______ to which he replies he was not and gave me his name. The passenger told me he was the guy I was looking for but that his license was suspended and that's why his friend was driving (smart man). I joked around with the two guys a bit (one turned out to be from my hometown) and wished them to drive safe in the wet roads.

I went back to hunting that day but that was the closest I would get yesterday with the way the weather was.

No comments:

Post a Comment