Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"Professional" Driver

So the week ended up nicely. I took a trainee out  Tuesday for his last day in the zone before he started his last rotation before going solo. Our first call out the gate was a vehicle accident which technically occurred on private property. I let the trainee handle it.

There was a exit row to the parking lot which technically is just for one vehicle. A commercial water truck was exiting and preparing to take a wide right turn when a small car came up alongside it thinking the truck was going to turn anywhere but right. The truck made its right turn and the driver heard a crunch as he ripped off the entire front of the (brand new) small car. The accident was technically the fault of the car driver for not yielding to the car turning which was in front of it. We couldn't write any tickets due to it being on private property but the man was upset he was being listed at fault. The poor water truck driver was just thankful his boss wasn't going to yell at him for not making his deliveries. The truck held up like a beast with no damage.

Wednesday, I handled a call for a car theft. When I arrived at the apartment the lady had no idea what her tag was or her VIN. She tried calling her insurance company but the policy she thought she had, didn't even include the car that was missing. Not to mention the car had been missing for three days before she decided to call 911. She was then surprised I couldn't take the report without the car information....

Thursday, I was sitting near the drive-thru of a fast food restaurant on my beat. It was near the end of the shift and I was running tags trying to kill some time. I saw a van that belonged to a private transportation company. The vehicle had a brake light that was out so I decided to pull it over and see what I could get out of the stop. The female driver (who drives for a living) did not have her driver's license on her when I stopped her. I decided not to give her a ticket for the brake light but wrote her for the license not being on her behind the wheel. She was surprised I would actually write a ticket for that and started to put up a fight but I told her how to take care of the ticket and she was extremely appreciative. Not to mention it's the cheapest ticket you can get in my state!

No comments:

Post a Comment