Monday, January 11, 2016

Twin Games

It's starting to get a bit colder in my city. I think this winter finally caught up to us.

Sunday, I did a traffic stop on a car that was registered to a female with a suspended license. I pulled the vehicle over and it appeared the driver was not the one I was looking for but instead was the twin sister of who I was looking for. Now as a police officer, we're often skeptical of things. So I had to try and find a way to figure out if this was the right twin or the wrong twin. I looked up the suspended twin on the department database and found a time she was a victim of a crime. I had the driver tell me about the incident and she was able to perfectly without hesitation. A minor incident in which only the one sister would know from a few years back. It turned out ok and she went on her way!

Monday, I actually took a much needed day off to spend with the girlfriend and her daughter. It's always good to still have that good personal time to yourself in this job.

Tuesday, I responded to a domestic dispute at a residence. The female stated her live-in boyfriend threw an air freshener can at her and then grabbed her and shook her. It all started because the boyfriend is a pastor of a church and had a church member coming over for relationship advice (ironic huh?) when he told her to put on some clothes that weren't "hoe-ish". She got upset and he threw the can at her. He admitted to letting the anger get the best of him but denied grabbing and shaking her. I was taking the pastor out of his house in handcuffs as the church member arrived to get him from him about issues with his wife....

Wednesday, I was coming back from the jail when I ran a temporary tag that appeared to be expired. I ran it but my computer was slow and I didn't get the hit back that it was expired until after the car had turned into a gas station. I did a U-turn and went to look for the vehicle that had just circled the lot and come right back out. I did the traffic stop and approached the vehicle. It was occupied four times and everyone had an ID except for one of the rear passengers. I had him write down his information and he wrote down his name and his birthday (coincidentally he wrote down the current date). I ran everybody but I ran him first. Nothing came back with the information he gave me but a warrant hit came back with the information he gave as an alias for an armed and dangerous fugitive known to be on drugs. I immediately detained him and asked him why he lied to me. He told me he was sorry and then I told him he had two warrants from two different counties. He knew about one of the warrants and he told me that's why he lied. He ended up taking the ride for lying to me and then the two warrants (one being a felony warrant). Luckily his actual birthday was the day before. That's all he was grateful for was that he got to go to a steakhouse instead of have a baloney sandwich at the jail for a birthday meal.

Thursday, I had a trainee and we responded right out of the gate to a working fight on the other sector during shift change. By the time we got there, the mom of the household managed to calm her daughter and her female partner down and separate the two parties. She told me that the kids were crying and a mess as a result of the fight. I quickly went to my trunk and pulled out some stuffed animals for the kids to help get their mind off of watching their mom fight. They immediately lit up and the family wanted to take pictures of me with the kids and said I was "nice 12" for helping out the kids. Gotta love helping out some kids caught in the middle of a situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment